Unfortunately, half of American Jews are choosing cremation due to a lack of education on this important end-of-life choice. 75% of Jews in the West Coast of the USA are choosing cremation. In some European countries, 80-90 percent are choosing cremation. Should you face a similar situation, there are resources available to help guide a family towards burial. For emergency assistance, contact Robin Meyerson at 602-469-1606 or Robin@peacefulreturn.org 24 by 6.
BOOKS, BROCHURES, RESOURCES
A book on the afterlife: From this World to the Next by Robin Meyerson and Rosally Saltsman.
A great book by Doron Kornbluth. It is highly effective with Jews of all faiths and is a must-read for anyone involved in Kiruv. If you are interested in ordering discounted quantities of the book, or free brochures, please be in touch with the author at his website.
Cremation or Burial Flyers
Several free brochures are a great and quick way to answer questions on this topic.
If you ever have a crisis you can also be in touch personally with Rav Elchonon Zohn of the National Association of Chevrah Kaddisha at 718-849-9700.
It’s very important to put burial wishes in writing. A free legal burial form can be downloaded here.
Olami / NLE Shiurim
In English and Russian
PeacefulReturn.org is dedicated to sharing information about the importance and beauty of burial. People deserve honesty when making their very personal ‘final decision.’ Choosing burial or cremation is not easy.
Here you will find numerous resources to help you and your loved ones understand the impact and importance making an informed ‘final decision.’
This curriculum has the Torah sources on why burial is important.
- Nichum Aveilim Videos by Chevra Lomdei Mishna
- The Jewish Concept of the Afterlife & the Anguish of Cremation
- Mindflex: Footprints of the Afterlife with Robin Meyerson
Q&A – Part 1 & Part 2
- Mindflex: The Afterlife and The Dilemma of Cremation – Part 1 & Part 2
- Cremation: A Jewish Perspective – Lori Almost Live
- Cremation or Burial? A Jewish View (Кремация или Захоронение? Еврейская точка зрения)
- Robin’s Story (ИсторияРобина)
- Cremation vs. Burial (Кремация по сравнению с захоронением)
- Robin Meyerson shares miracle stories from her book, ‘From This World to the Next’. (Audio)
The book is a compilation of moving narratives about traditional Jewish burial rituals and the afterlife. They speak to the delicate matter of burial and ensuring eternal life and peace for our loved ones who have gone before us. These inspiring and enlightening stories comfort the Jewish soul and deal with issues of faith and family, loss and love.
- Cremation and Funerals – Jerry Seinfeld
- The Conversation with Shannon Taylor
- Let Them See The Way – Robin’s Miracle Song
- Cremation: A Jewish Perspective – Why this growing trend isn’t a good idea
- Hebrew Free Burial Association
- Why Jewish Burial?
Video for the Hearing Impaired
- Cremation Process
WARNING! Disturbing images.
People think cremations are quick and clean. This video shows what actually happens.
- Green Burial
- Meaning of Kaddish
- Burial of Jewish Books in New Orleans after Hurricane
- Reality of Death
- Doron Kornbluth Presents on Cremation or Burial? A Jewish View
- Rabbi Zohn Presents The Jewish View on Death, Burial and the Afterlife, and How to Pragmatically Prepare for it in the Jewish Tradition