At NLE Resources, we keep our eye on the news to bring you timely articles and links that we think a rabbi or Jewish educator would find interesting! We have decided to share some of these links in a weekly feature on the blog. Enjoy!
2) Report: Hidden Metaphors Get under Our Skin.
3) How To Be Funny: The Six Essential Ingredients To Humor: What are the six things that professional comedians know about making people laugh? The textbook used by comedy writing classes teaches you what you need to do to be funnier. (I threw in a few great comedy videos to illustrate the points.)
4) English Has a New Preposition, Because Internet: Linguists recognize the delightful evolution of the word because.
6) Oliver Burkeman, author of The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can’t Stand Positive Thinking, offers counterintuitive strategies you can use to be happier and achieve your goals.
7) How to get good at chess. Fast.
8) Ditch that shopping cart and you’ll spend 8% less at the store, a study finds.
9) How do airlines know if it’s safe to fly in bad weather? Get the facts here.
10) The PRIUS, although it has good gas mileage, might be WORSE for the environment in these other areas.