Overview of the NLE Thinking Gemara Series
Learning Gemara with newcomers to Judaism is a vital step to help empower them to become active participants in the Mesorah. The NLE Thinking Gemara Series can assist rabbis, educators and outreach professionals to engage students with little Jewish background in Gemara study. Each shiur poses a series of contemporary cases and dilemmas addressed by a guided presentation of the sugiya by Gemaras, Rishonim and Achronim using English – Hebrew (menukad) sources.
Please find below sixteen Gemara-based sugiyas presented with Teacher’s Guides and Student’s Source Sheets. The shiurim can be taught using the graphically enhanced PDF format or tailor-made by modifying the Word documents.
Any questions, feedback, MP3’s, or videos to share of you teaching the NLE Thinking Gemara Series? Please contact Rabbi Eliezer Kwass (eliezerkwass at gmail.com).
- Accountability for Accidental Damage
- Borrowing Without Asking
- Can You Please Watch My Mountain Bike for a Minute?
- Drinking on Purim
- How Many Candles Do We Light on Chanukah?
- Is Gambling Kosher?
- Is It Permitted to Watch a Bullfight?
- Multitasking Mitzvot
- Returning Lost Objects
- Shabbat in Outer Space
- Should Israel Intervene to Avert Syrian Genocide?
- The Conjoined Twins Dilemma
- The Criminal Agent
- The Four Cups of Wine
- To What Extent Do We Go to Save Lives?
- What’s Considered Fair Competition?
- You Have Only One Day Out of Jail