- Shemittah 5782 by Rabbi Dovid Cohen Summary of Hilchos Shemittah for those living in Israel and USA.
- Understanding Shemittah by Rabbi Avraham Edelstein. Overview of the hashkafa and halachos of Shemittah.
- A Shemittah Glossary, by Rabbi Yirmiyohu Kaganoff
- Understanding Shmita, Israel’s agricultural Shabbat by Ben Sales
- Everything You Need To Know About Shemittah by JA Mag
- The Spiritual Significance of Shemittah by Tzvi Hersh Weinreb
- Why Shemittah by Rabbi Yitchok Alderstein
Why did the Torah chose shemittah to teach a lesson as important and fundamental as the scope of Sinaitic revelation?
- Shemittah revisited by Rabbi Yirmiyohu Kaganoff
The fact that we read these laws annually teaches that the Torah wants us to understand the lessons of shemittah every year. Yet many chutz la’aretz residents see no need to learn these laws, assuming that they are not relevant.
- The World’s Greatest Long Term Lease by Jay Eizenstat
Shemittah teaches that our success is solely dependent on Hashem, not on the “laws of nature”.
- Shemitas Kesafim and Prozbol, by Rabbi Yehuda Spitz
- Kedushas Sheviis Produce, by Rabbi Yehuda Spitz
- Fruit Use and Fruit Juice, by Rabbi Yehuda Spitz
- More Mitzvah Use: Of Chanukah Oil & Mishloach Manos, by Rabbi Yehuda Spitz
- Shemitta Sheilos: The Case of the Contraband Carrots, by Rabbi Yehuda Spitz
- Shemitta Sheilos: Using Arba Minim of Sheviis, by Rabbi Yehuda Spitz
- Shemitta Sheilos: Using Arba Minim of Sheviis Part 2, by Rabbi Yehuda Spitz
- More Mitzvah Use: Chanukah Oil, by Rabbi Yehuda Spitz
Books (in Hebrew)
- Maadanei Eretz, Rabbi Shlomo Zalman Auerbach
- Hilchot Sheviit, Chazon Ish
- Mishmeret Hashviit, Rabbi Moshe Mordechai Karp
- Shviit Kehilcheta, Rabbi Moshe Sternbuch
- Shiurei Shviit, Rabbi Mordechai Gross
Books (in English)
- Gateway to Shemittah by Rabbi Dovid Marchant
A book of shemittah guidelines for Jews everywhere.
- Rav Chaim Kanievsky on Shemittah by Rabbi Avraham Yeshayahu Shteinman. Comments, stories, and perspectives on Shemittah
- Kashrus Halacha – Shemittah by Rabbi Dovid Cohen. The halachos of shemittah with special emphasis on how they apply to consumers in chutz la’aretz.
- A Shemittah Dilemma by Rabbi Reuven Spolter
The challenges of shemittah as experienced by an Israeli farmer.
- Rebels in the Holy Land by Toby Klein
This extraordinary book describes in vivid detail the saga of Mazkeret Batya’s pious founders and their religious struggles.
- Shiurim at Yutorah.org
- Shiurim at TorahAnytime
- Shemittah: The Jewish Sabatical Year by Lisa Hershman
Even a perfunctory review of the rich literature on shemittah reveals the deeply complex legal issues and deeply meaningful ideological concepts this commandment present.
- Parsha on Parade on Parshat Behar from TorahTots.com
An explanation of shemittah for children, including links to coloring pages.
- Shemittah by Rabbi Michael Rosensweig
Essentially, the Torah wants us to look at shemittah as something that inculcates values.
- Introduction to Shmittah: A Survey from Torah, Mishnah and Gemara by Rabbi Chaim Eisenstein
The theme of shemittah is that Hashem is in control.
- Inyanei Pruzbul by Rabbi Mordechai Willig
A discussion of the halachos of pruzbul.
- The Diaspora Jew and Shemittah: Halacha L’maaseh by Rabbi Hershel Schachter
What is the status of shemittah in the modern era and how do we observe it.
- Toward Shemittah by Rabbi Chaim Brovender
The modern attraction of shemittah.
- Shiurim on Shemittah by the Chicago Rabbinical Council
Shmita And The Secret Of The Number Seven by Rabbi Yossi Mizrachi
Shemittah from Keren HaShevi’is
Shemittah Greengrocer by Chana Tova Sokol
Please note: The views expressed in the articles, links, videos, etc. reflect the views of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the thinking of NLE Resources.