At NLE Resources, we keep our eye on the news to bring you timely articles and links that we think a rabbi or Jewish educator would find interesting! We have decided to share some of these links in a weekly feature on the blog. Enjoy!
Please feel free to share with us any feedback that you have from this new weekly feature in the comments section below.
1) Helping others makes you happier. What are the five steps to doing it right?
2) Rabbi Aharon Lichtenstein on The Drafting of Yeshivah Students.
3) Hardest Leadership Skill You’ll Ever Learn! Here’s a lesson from Inc.com.
4) 32 states have considered laws to ban state courts from considering foreign or religious laws in their decisions.
5) What Does a Tablet Do to the Child’s Mind? Find out here.
6) 20% of U.S. adults have no religious affiliation – 88% of them are not looking for a religion. Click here to view all of the polling results from the Pew Research Center.
7) Why do thoughts pop into my head as I’m trying to fall asleep?
8) “15 minutes of fame” isn’t true. Study finds true fame isn’t fleeting.
9) There’s a 3:1 ratio women to men in the Jewish communal world.
10) Did you get sidetracked by this: How to Not Get Sidetracked.
Please note: The views expressed in the articles featured in this post reflect the views of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the thinking of NLE Resources.