This section is intended for women and offers links to a multitude of websites, online tools, interactive media, blogs, and more that are certain to be informative resources for Jewish women.
Free NLE Books
- Women I This book discusses the creation of, nature and qualities of a woman.
- Women II This second book explores issues of equality between men and women.
- Tefillah Chart (Shacharis)
It’s a handy chart indicating the most important tefilos of Shacharis to the least important and was put together for women by Rabbi Menachem Nissel. The problem with most charts is that they either go with time, or with priority but not both. This chart goes with both.
- Resources on Women Rabbis, by Torah Musings
Articles of Interest
Even though I married later in life, I anticipated having children. I still can’t believe it’s not going to happen. I wasn’t prepared for this.
- Feminism and Judaism
Rebbitzen Tziporah Heller shows how Modern Feminism created a society in which women’s contributions are largely unrecognized.
- My Mother Gave Me Semicha, by Batya Ivry-Friedman
- All-Female Groups actually BOOST Girls’ Willingness to Compete
Harvard Business Review explores how sex-segregation actually helps women!
- Motherhood may make you…SMARTER, new study says
The findings rebut the old belief that women develop “baby brain,” or a decline in memory after they have kids, said study researcher Melissa Santiago, a doctoral student at Carlos Albizu University in Miami.
- Hormonal Intervention for Religious Concerns: A Halakhic and Ethical Discussion
The goal of this paper is to discuss a number of ethical and Halachic concerns in this area.
- Induced Abortion in Jewish Law
Dr. Avraham Steinberg presents a clear and concise summary of the spectrum of Halachic approaches in the matter of abortion under a variety of circumstances.
- Why This “All-Natural” Mother Loves Her C-Sections
Chana Jenny Weisberg, the author of two best-selling books on pregnancy, helps even put a c-section into a more spiritual perspective.
- Fetal Rights and Maternal Obligations
Authored by noted educator, Rabbi Zave Rudman, this examines a mother’s obligation towards her fetus and how it relates to abortion and various therapies.
- A Woman of Valor: The Master Builder of the Jewish Home
This article first appeared in The Jewish Observer and is authored by the late Rabbi Shlomo Wolbe. Written under the guise of a letter to a Kallah, this piece discusses the role of women in a marriage and provides suggestions to maintaining a strong household.
- Men and Women: A Jewish View on Gender Differences
Rebbitzen Tziporah Heller discusses the fact that the first human was created as an androgynous which gives us much insight into male-female relationships.
- Women in Judaism
Sarah Schwartz provides intelligent answers to the most frequently asked questions on the topic.
- Traditions and Celebrations for the Bas Mitzvah via Lookstein Center.
- Regrets of a Doctor and Mother of 13 Kids!
The following story is from the book, Woman’s Life, by Dr. Chana Katan.
- Why Women Talk More Than Men: Language Protein Uncovered
- What Do We Know About The Establishment of Beit Ya’akov?, by Dr. Yoel Finkelman
- Audio Classes on the Shemonei Esrai by Rabbi David Etengoff (a talmid of Rabbi Joseph B. Soloveitchik zt”l)
Women’s Tefilah shiurim archive covering the entire Shemonei Esrai
- Shloshim Shuirim for Bayla Bartky Burnham A”H
Given by Rebbitzen Faige Twerski and Aliza Bulow shortly after the passing of Bayla Bartky Burnham. It was shared with Mikarvot, women who were her colleagues and who struggled to make sense of and find meaning in her loss.
- Project Inspire: Kiruv Chizuk for Women
Rebbetzin Aviva Feiner presents inspiration for women at the Project Inspire retreat. Well worth the listen!
- JewishMom.com A website based out of Jerusalem for Jewish Mom’s around the world!
Becoming What I Want To Be
by Aliza Bulow
Why Wear A Tichel (Scarf Headcovering)
More Videos for Women available here
“Mikvah: Splish Splash Is It a Jewish Bath?”
What is Puah?