The Mental Health America (MHA) organization established May as Mental Health Awareness Month. MHA educates millions of individuals of the importance of mental health care through the media and programming. MHA offers toolkits and suggesting activities and programs to strengthen mental health in the following areas: mind-body synergy, work-life balance, spirituality and religion, humor, animal companionship, and social connections and recreation.
Please note that rabbis, educators and faculty are advised to refer any students, program participants or congregants who face mental health issues to promptly seek care from qualified mental health professionals.
OlamiResources.com is offering synagogues, schools, yeshivos, outreach organizations, and kollels with the following suggested free classes that can assist in promoting mental health through Jewish connection and learning:
- Introduction to the Purpose of Man in the World
- Caring for the Jewish Soul
- The World Was Established for Chesed
- What is Judaism? An Introduction to a Journey of Self-Discovery
- Judaism and Personal Growth I: Scaling the Internal Alps
- Judaism and Personal Growth II: Making it Happen
- The Jewish Vision of Happiness
- The Yid and the Id: Jewish Perspectives on Psychology & Personal Development
Connecting to Jewish Time
- The Jewish Vision of Spirituality I: The Quest for an Authentic Spiritual Connection
- The Jewish Vision of Spirituality II: The Spiritual Expression of Mankind
- The Jewish Vision of Spirituality III: Connecting to Spirituality in Time
- The Jewish Vision of Spirituality IV: Spirituality in Space & Beyond
For additional classes, please see the full syllabus of the Olami Morasha Curriculum.