This page offers links to a multitude of websites, online tools and more that will allow you or your student to walk away with a slew of information on all things Pesach related.
NLE Thinking Gemara Shiur
NLE Morasha Syllabus
- Pesach I: Slavery and the Pesach Miracles
- Pesach II: Nationhood, Providence & Freedom
- The Passover Seder Experience Handbook
- Wine-Tasting & 4 Cups
- NCSY – A Friedner Seder
- Pre-Pesach Leil Iyun
- Pre-Pesach Luncheon
- Jewlicious Passover Seders in Los Angeles
- Silence Your Ego
- Sepharadic Pesach Seder
Shabbos HaGadol Ideas
- Click here to see a list of Pesach Infographics
- Pesach Kuntres by Rav Shmuel Weiner
- PALTIEL’S DIARY: A Diary of Life in Mitzrayim, by Rabbi Ellis J. Safdeye
- Pesach Letters, by Rabbi Ellis Safdeye. You may enjoy using them for your class or even for your own Seder!
- Printable Haggadah Companion, by Long Island Torah Network
- What’s the Seder of the Seder? A Compilation Explaining the Order of Magid, compiled by Rabbi Moshe Dovid Robinson
- Illustration/chart that explains the 4 sections of הגדה based on the 4 פסוקים in הבאת בכורים based on Rav Reuven Leuchter’s haggadah, by Rabbi Zecharia Weitz.
- The Malbim Hagaddah in English, a remarkable essay which reveals the secret of the structure of the Haggadah, a puzzle which has challenged generations of scholars.
- Your Free Guide To Kashering For Pesach, By Rabbi Binyomin Forst
- Hagaddah Riddles
- A Compilation of the Halachos and Minhagim of Chodesh Nissan and Pesach
- כמה נקודות והערות להאמר לבני המשפחה by Rav Moshe Zuriel
- The greatness and uniqueness of Korban Pesach – Kuntres – by Rabbi Moshe Goldberger
- The Father & Son Haggadah
- The Junior Haggadah
- Coloring sheets
- Children’s FInger Puppets for the Pesach Seder
- Pesach Word Search
- Passover Kid’s Craft: The Ten Plagues
- The Prince of Egypt Activity Guide
In this activity, prepared by David Debow for The Lookstein Center, students think critically about the movie “Prince of Egypt” and test the truth of its claim that it is accurate to the spirit of the Book of Exodus. Appropriate for upper elementary school, middle school and high school.
- The Prince of Egypt: An Orthodox Look at Hollywood’s Latest Version Of the Exodus Narrative
A study guide prepared by Yossi Ziffer for The Lookstein Center, that helps you use this Hollywood film in class.
- Creative Ideas for the Seder
A Google Document with dozens of ideas that will help make the Seder more fun and engaging.
- Free Pesach Clipart
Free Pesach clipart for a classroom or promotional flyer.
Articles and Links
- The Use of Quinoa on Pesach, by R. Asher Bush
- New Free Pesach Haggadah from NCSY! “Just One”, by Rabbi Michoel Green
- Why Is This Matzo Different From All Other Matzos?, by Dan Barber
- Chometz 101
A Basic Summary of Laws in a Clear and Simple Style
- Seder 101
A Basic Summary of its Laws in a Clear and Simple Style
Make your own Passover Haggadah
- Passover: What Does it Mean to be Chosen?
Exploring the depth of God’s agenda in the Exodus story. A thrilling 8-part video series
- Guide to Simplifying Pesach Preparations
Pesach guide perpared for Congregation Ahavas Israel by Rabbi Ferrell.
- The Pesach To-Go Series
By YU Torah Online
- The 4 Sons of The Haggadah, by Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach
- Great Haggada & Seforim Links
Great links to over 40 interesting Haggadah’s and Sefarim for Pesach.
- Learn about Passover in 60 minutes (or less)
By Rabbi Elazar Meisels
- Best Chometz-Substitute List
At some point during Pesach preparations we’ve all tried to convert a mainstream recipe into a Pesach one…only to discover that we don’t have a clue as to what to substitute for a chometz ingredient. Here is a “Complete List of Pesach Substitutes.”
- Pesach Resources, Jewish InterActive
Pesach is a time to tell our children the story of leaving Egypt . The question is how to make it real and alive for our children and get them excited about hearing the story at the Seder.
- Rav Soloveitchik Haggadah
Online work-in-progress haggadah based on the talks of R. Joseph B. Soloveitchik, by Rabbi Ari Kahn
- שיח הגרי”ד הגדה
Summaries of the divrei Torah presented in The Rav’s Hagaddah. They are halachic in nature and you will learn a lot of the in-depth analysis of the laws of the seder. By Rabbi Jeff Rothman
- שיחות מוסר מאת מורנו ורבינו הג”ר יעקב יצחק רודערמאן זצ”ל בענייני יציאת מצרים
- The Laws of the Seder
This is a comprehensive review of the halachos of the Seder. It is written in the order of the Seder so it can be very useful to have at the Seder. It is mainly based on the works of Rabbi Shimon Eider and Rabbi Asher Balanson.
- Divrei Torah on the Hagaddah
Over 20 pages of Divrei Torah by Rabbi Jeff Rothman
- Chart of the Mitzvot of Pesach with their accompanying sources.
- Talmudic Sources for Avoiding Qitniyos
- The Laws of Chometz/ Kitniyot/ Gebrukt
This is based on the works of Rabbi Shimon Eider and “The Jewish Action,” publication of the OU.
- Sources for the laws of Chometz
Actual mekoros on the halachos of Chometz.
On Pesach, a Jewish person may not eat, own, or derive benefit from chametz. Owning chametz pet food is a violation of the latter two of those restrictions.
- Creative Seders
What do you do to make your seder fun and meaningful for both children and adults?
- Why don’t the answers given in the Haggada match the answers given in the Torah to the same questions?, by Rabbi Dov Kramer
- 5 Downloadable and Printable Pesach Guides
These guides are via Partners In Torah, Aish Hatorah, Ohr Sameach, Yeshiva University and Young Israel of Houston. They include absolutely everything you need to know, ranging from the laws, customs, and history about the Pesach Holiday.
- Dr. Moshe Avital Pesach Message
Dr. Avital survived 6 concentration camps and was smuggled into Eretz Yisrael in 1946, where he fought in the Hagana and then the IDF for several years. He has written sefarim and has taught Torah for decades, splitting his time between New Rochelle and Yerushalayim.
- Haggadah Shel Pesach: The Fifth Son
A lesson plan by Moshe Abelesz for The Lookstein Center, on Pesach and Jewish identity for high school students.
- Mishnayos Pesachim Perek Arvei Pesachim. It is geared to be used before Pesach, as it connects the Mishnayos to the Simanim of the Seder, by Binyomin Karman.
- Hilchos Pesach in English 6 Units, by Binyomin Karman.
- Hilchos Pesach in Lashon Kodesh 6 Units , by Binyomin Karman.
- Comprehensive Haggadah for middle school grades, by Binyomin Karman.
- Uplifting Pesach Cleaning Prayer
prayer based on the Breslover tradition that you can recite every time you clean for Passover.
- “Hiding and “Stealing” the Afikoman” from Halachically Speaking
- “Chasdei Hashem – Original Insights on the Haggadah”
Selections from the Chasdei Hashem Commentary on the Haggadah by Rabbi Mordechai Kriger
- Kitniot: A Balanced Halachic Approach, by Rabbi Zvi Leshem
- Peninei Halakha: The Laws of Pesach
Chapter Nine: Kitniyot, by Rav Eliezer Melamed
- Pre-Passover Survival Guide, by Cary A. Friedman
- 5 Ways to Get Your Kids to Help Out with Pesach Cleaning – Really, by Adina Soclof
- Shemurah Matzah, by Aryeh Lebowitz
- The Fifth Son, by Alan Veingrad
- Pesach Traveler Checklist, by the Kashrut Council of Canada
- STAR-S Pesach Hotline’s 10 Most asked Passover Questions from Sephardic Jews, by Star-K
- The Cup for the Visitor: What lies behind the Kos Shel Eliyahu?, by Eliezer Brodt
- Cyber-Selling Chametz, via Hirhurim-Musings
- The Barebones Seder, via Hirhurim-Musings
- Four Questions to Dating Freedom, by Gary Tolchinsky
- The 30 Minute Seder, No Thank You, by Mayim Bialik 6 Tips to Having the-best-seder-ever
- Why I Love Pesach, by the Rebbetzin’s Husband
- Chag Hamatzot Ve Simcha shel Mitzva, by Rav Ruderman
- In Search of Pharoah, by Rabbi Yair Hoffman
- Breaking Down Gebrochts, by Tsvi Selengut
- In Search of the Historical Pharoah, by Rabbi Yair Hoffman
- Haggadah Insights, by Rabbi Efrem Goldberg
- Seder Highlights, by Rabbi Yochanan Schnall
- Chometz 101, The Unique Laws of the Day Before Pesach & Seder 101, by Rabbi Yochanan Schnall
- Nissan: Living the Month – A Spring of Faith, by Rabbi Yosef Ettlinger
- Passover Gift Ideas: The Complete Seder Gift Guide for Pesach 2017, by AmenVamen
- Shiurim on Hilchot Pesach 18 Shiurim on Hilchot Pesach by Rabbi Jeff Rothman
- Analysis of the Haggadah by Rabbi David B. Ettengoff
- Machshava Shiur for Pre-Pesach Insomniacs by Rabbi Yitzchok Adlerstein
- Freedom of the Day, Freedom of the Night, by Sarah Lipman, click here for PDF handout.
- Choosing Light from Within the Darkness, by Sarah Lipman, click here for PDF handout.
- Passover During the Holocaust
- Pictures of Passover Seders from the Central Zionist Archives
- The World’s Biggest Matzah
- Pesach Sheni, by Halachically Speaking
- Best Pesach Videos on YouTube
- How to Make A Seder (NJOP)
- Pesach Music Videos (screened for kol isha and tznius)
- Pesach Songs for Kids (children’s youtube use should be closely supervised)
- OU Kosher Pre-Pesach Webcast 5773 (2013)
With Rav Yisroel Belsky and Rav Hershel Schachter. Is quinoa Kitnios? Must I check a summer home for chometz? What if my job involves serving chometz during Pesach? Are all pills allowed? Was enslavement in Egypt “good for the Jews”? Tune in to find out.
- Passover Seder 101 Web Series (video)
NJOP’s Passover Seder Web Series corresponding to the 15 steps of the seder. Featuring Rabbi Ephraim Z. Buchwald
- The Women’s Obligation on Seder Night: Part One
Screen cast on “The Women’s Obligation at the Seder: Part One” by Rabbi Jeff Rothman
- Machine-Matza Baking Video, by Joel Rose
- Pesach Videos by Rabbi Mordechai Rosenberg
Passover! – Mayim Bialik
Passover: You’re Never Alone
Passover: What Does it Mean to be Chosen?
Chief Rabbi Goldstein’s Pesach message, featuring Yaakov Shwekey’s ‘Yesimchah’
A short video of Matzah Baking
Rabbi Yehuda Simes at the COR Pre Passover Lecture
Rabbi Haber: Whats the Focus, Me or the World
We’ll See Miracles